How do we do it?
Lee Tan and Partners adopt proper debt recovery processes and do not adopt unorthodox methods to recover your debts. Our founders are former law enforcers and are committed to help creditors to recover their money with only legal and proper means. Below outlines our debt recovery process.
- A collection account is placed. Details of debtors are filed and verified. We will also check and discuss the agreeable boundary our clients (the creditor) allowsfor our negotiation with the debtor (e.g. permissible terms for repayment, discount on the principle amount owed).
- We contact the debtor directly via telephone, solicitor’s letter or a field call and all attempts are made to settle the debt amicably without initiating legal proceedings at the initial stage. Most of the assignments are usually completed / resolved at this stage.
- If our initial efforts to retrieve the debts are in vain, we then try to assess the debtor’s financial situation and assets.
- Once our investigations determine that the debtor has assets that can satisfy the debt, however the debtor refuses to respond to our attempts to negotiate the recovery, we shall report to you accordingly, advise you if legal action in our opinion is warranted, and if so what costs would be involved. This ensures that you retain at all times control of the files and costs associated with such legal actions.
- A regular report which could be bimonthly, monthly, quarterly or as development occurs will be sent to the clients.
It is worth noting, that when legal action is instituted on behalf of our clients we are able to offer substantially reduced legal costs, due to the high volume of files we handle, whilst having the local knowledge of the legal system, customs and culture that are often essential in effecting a recovery.
The following elaborations outlines why our strategy has been recognized as one of the most effective and efficient in debt recovery:
Our collection staffs are highly experienced and well trained to maintain a consistent high rate of recovery. Our training includes basic Laws of Singapore as well as collection tactics to assist our collectors in getting past the gatekeeper, identifying the decision maker, overcoming objections, and convincing your customer it is in their best interest to pay your outstanding amounts. Each collector has the experience and ability to adjust their techniques as needed to collect your accounts.
Each collector is trained to update you on progress as they occur or at least every thirty days, whichever is more frequent. Summary reports listing each account or just listing the statistics can be custom made to meet your requirements.
Whatever statistical information you require can be emailed to you in an Excel format. If you have more than one employee placing accounts, separate accounts can be established for each employee.
Quality Legal Services
If we are unable to collect an account, we forward the account onto an attorney/Legal Advisor who specializes in commercial and banking court laws.
Lee Tan & Partners spends a great deal of time rating the service we get from each attorney to insure you get the best possible representation available. We know your concern is to get the account collected, regardless of whether we collect it or the attorney collects it.
Lee Tan & Partners maintains a client profile that identifies the tenor of the collection tactics you want us to use on your accounts.
Our standard objective is to collect your accounts while maintaining your relationship with your customer. However, each contact becomes more forceful as circumstances warrant.
The same staff will handle your account from beginning to end. Our acknowledgement will identify the collector handling each account so you know whom to contact should the need arise. That collector will keep you abreast of the status of your account either by phone, email, fax, or regular mail, whichever you prefer.